December 30, 2005
This is supposed to become a library which is easy to use,
and which allows easy access to CD/DVD drives, without having
to worry too much about ASPI details.
Currently, the sample app demonstrates
It also checks for a few common firmware bugs, like reporting bad write speeds on Mode Page 2A, not correctly reporting the currently selected write speed and erroneously reporting DVD-writer information on blank DVD-dash discs.
- how to identify the media type in the drive
- how to determine which speeds a disc can be written at
- how to set the write speed
- how to retrieve the current write speed
- how to find out which drive has been used to record a DVD-dash disc.
- how to retrieve GigaREC, VariREC, PowerREC, SilentMode settings
- and how to determine the current bitsetting state of LG, Plextor, BenQ and NEC drives
- how to retrieve and enable/disable WOPC, Speedlimit and Testwrite on BenQ drives
Please note that the API is far from stable, some functions might change!
You need an ASPI layer installed, and you should use Nero
ASPI (i.e. copy the wnaspi32.dll from the Nero folder to
\windows\system32 or \winnt\system32 or to the same directory
as the one you've decompressed those files to.